Neve Tzedek (Oasis of Justice) was established in 1887 as Tel Aviv’s first neighborhood, before the city’s official founding in 1909. Neve Tzedek is located in the southwestern section of Israel’s cultural capital. The beautiful architecture of the old houses in the quiet narrow lanes adds to the special atmosphere.
Due to its rebirth as a fashionable residential neighborhood in the 1980s, Neve Tzedek has become a popular day and nighttime attraction for Tel Aviv locals, as well as for other Israeli and international tourists. Neve Tzedek is filled with some of Tel Aviv’s favored restaurants including Nana Bar, Suzanna, Dallal, popular wine bars, coffee shops and ice cream parlors. Neve Tzedek also hosts a variety of designer clothing shops, jewelry stores, pottery and art galleries.
Neve Tzedek is home to the Suzanne Dellal Center, a beautiful cultural complex housing a school for dance and theater, four performance halls and large outdoor spaces. Each year, the Suzanne Dellal Center hosts many international and local festivals, as well as regular performances by the various dance and theater companies - the Batsheva Dance Company, Orna Porat Children and Youth Theatre and the Inbal Pinto and Avshalom Pollak Dance Company.