St. Joseph’s Church Nazareth is located on the site where Jesus’ father, Joseph, had his carpentry workshop. Various churches were build on this site during the Crusader and Byzantine periods, but since 1914 this has been an active Franciscan church. The Crusader period in St. Joseph’s Church Nazareth features three hallways ending at a stairwell leading into the lower level. This area, once a section of the destroyed Crusader church built on this spot, houses the cave believed to have been Joseph’s workshop in Biblical times. Inside are artifacts testifying to the cave’s history: mosaics, an ancient well and agricultural tools. The podium is surrounded by paintings of the holy family and pictorial images depicting the events assumed to have taken place in the same location.
Booking Israel is great source for tourist's information about hotels in Israel, guided tours to Israel, car rental in Israel as well as attractions and events throughout Israel.